CRE presents 8 conference papers at 5th International Conference on Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Science and Engineering UNCECOMP 2023
We are delighted to share the contributions made by the Chair for Reliability Engineering at the recently concluded 5th International Conference on Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Science and Engineering (UNCECOMP 2023). The conference, held in Athens, Greece, from June 12-14, brought together experts in the field to discuss the analysis and design of engineering systems under uncertainty, with a specific focus on multiscale simulations.
Supported by the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) and the Greek Association for Computational Mechanics (GRACM), UNCECOMP 2023 provided an exceptional platform for researchers to exchange ideas and collaborate with the computational dynamics community. Our team had the privilege of presenting cutting-edge research in various areas, showcasing our commitment to advancing the field of reliability engineering and stochastic methods.
The papers presented by our researchers and their collaborators covered a wide range of topics, including:
- Multidomain line sampling for reliability and sensitivity analysis in stochastic linear dynamics.
- Estimation of first excursion probabilities of nonlinear conservative SDOF systems under stochastic loading.
- Reduced-order models for fuzzy field analysis.
- Robust topology optimization for fiber-reinforced composites under material uncertainty.
- Quantifying the epistemic uncertainty linked to the development process of crashworthiness components.
- A self-learning digital twin for process control of fast processes under uncertainty.
- Bounding limited data sets of power spectral density functions for uncertainty quantification.
- Certified interval model updating using scenario optimization.
To learn more about these papers and explore our extensive research activities, we invite you to visit our website. Feel free to reach out to our team for further information and stay tuned for more updates on our exciting endeavors in the world of reliability engineering.