You are welcome to research with us.
We offer a variety of attractive projects and final theses where you can integrate your theoretical knowledge into scientific practice.
There are Master theses available at the Chair for Reliability Engineering in the following topics:
- [MA] Addressing Interval Uncertainty on Boundaries without Remeshing
- [MA] Confidence Bounds for Probability Density Evolution Method
- [MA] Approximate Bayesian Computations based on fractional-order statistics
- [MA] Analytical solutions to the Whittle-Matern Kernel
- [MA] Bayesian Model Updating based on full-field measurement data
- [MA] Interval Analysis using Simulation
- [MA] Assessment of asphalt production for reliability-based design optimization
- [MA] Bayesian identification of polymer weights based on indirect measurements
- [MA] Identification of material properties of polymeric materials based on time-dependent DIC measurements
- [MA] Design of noise-free pumping installations under uncertainty
- [MA] Digital Twin of an electric vehicle to monitor power consumption based on physics informed neural networks
Please note that the Chair is also open to guide students with self-chosen topics, or topics coming from industrial partners. In this case, the topic should be related to:
- Reliability Engineering
- Uncertainty quantification
- Reliability analysis and/or reliability based design optimization
- Physics informed machine learning and/or grey-box modelling
- Surrogate modelling and/or advanced numerical model propagation strategies
In case you are interested, contact Prof. Dr. Matthias Faes directly (contact details).